Is your child suffering from constipation? And pain?
Children who are constipated may complain of abdominal discomfort or pain, have infrequent bowel movements, and when their bowels do move, it might be hard or painful.
The POLO Clinical Research Study will evaluate the investigational use in children of a study drug that has already been approved by the FDA to treat adults with symptoms of constipation.
To qualify for the POLO Clinical Research Study, your child must meet these criteria that are consistent with Irritable Bowel Syndrome with Constipation (IBS-C):
- Be between 7 and 17 years old
- Have 2 or fewer bowel movements a week and may
- Actively try to stop their bowel movements or
- Do what doctors call "retentive posturing". They stand straight, on their toes, or may have a red face as they try to stop their bowel movements.
- Have abdominal pain or discomfort with bowel movements at least for the past 2 months
- Otherwise, be in relatively good health
Study participants will receive study-related exams, lab tests, and investigational study drug at no charge. Your child's health will be monitored by the Study Nurse and Doctor.
If your child participates in the POLO Research Study, he/she will visit ClinPoint Trials approximately 6 times in 12 weeks. The study will last approximately 9-12 weeks. Your child will be asked to complete a simple eDiary two times each day. If your child is not able to complete the eDiary, you can complete the diary for your child instead. The study staff will teach the both of you how to use the study diary.
Don't miss the boat! Call ClinPoint Trials at (972) 937-1640 or visit www.marco-polostudies.com for more information on the POLO Clinical Research Study.